Week 1 Javier Serrano

Week 2 Luciano Melendres

Week 3 Michael Caldera De Latorre

Week 4 Doroteo Calles Hernandez



Closed for lack of interest. =)



"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."

- Jack Handy

______________

"I'd rather be rich than stupid."

- Jack Handy

______________

"When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges."

- Jack Handy

______________

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad."

- Jack Handy

Name:
Location: United States

Rogue travelers in this world we are, helping others, setting our own happiness aside. The page turns and each day, week, month, or year brings us a new challenge. Each challenge brings us a new happiness. Each new happiness brings us a new heartache when the times to sever the ties arrive almost too abruptly.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Idiots and Ignorance

I had not even considered posting anything on this but after reading all of the comments on a news article that turned into a 'racism' fight, I've decided to post this interesting tidbit.


The following is from a 'Black' male.


"When I was doing my graduate work at Oregon State I did a research paper on
saggin’ pants and found out the following: During American slavery, gay white
slave masters would rape their African male slaves, and after the criminal deeds
were consummated, the victims were forced to wear their pants sagging so that
their gay masters could identify them for future pleasures."


In other words, black slaves wearing saggin' pants were said to be announcing that they
were available for their white slave masters. Over time, the style became a
little-talked-about subculture that seeped into general black culture."


Ok, 1) This does NOT look good for 'Whities' but frankly color is of no bounds to me. I see color about as well as I see the atomic makeup in the air I breathe. I use it merely to describe someone as I would 'brown hair, blue eyes, long hair, earring, scar, etc.' and other than that I care not.


2) This makes me laugh because people are so ignorant that they pick up these 'fads' and think they are cool only to be perpetuating an ideal that meant very horrid things of the past. The above is one example. Below is another.


I am about to annoy several people with this but it is the truth. I will also say that although I've never had pierced ears, I do have a bar in my tongue.


Earrings - Biblically (as old as we really get in history) earrings were used to mark slaves. Slaves and concubines were marked with different style piercings in their ears and noses to signify ownership. It served the same purpose as a modern day brand on cattle. Since then it has become an excessive accessory for some. I have no personal issues with them, just thought I'd mention.


Ok, ok... I'll stop there.... for now...


-Twisty

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments on "Idiots and Ignorance"

 

Blogger Neo said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Twist - Wow, I didn't know that! Good find.

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone. What you feel is what you feel, and if it comes from the heart, that's the best you do.

Peace,

- Neo

 

post a comment