Week 1 Javier Serrano

Week 2 Luciano Melendres

Week 3 Michael Caldera De Latorre

Week 4 Doroteo Calles Hernandez



Closed for lack of interest. =)



"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."

- Jack Handy

______________

"I'd rather be rich than stupid."

- Jack Handy

______________

"When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges."

- Jack Handy

______________

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad."

- Jack Handy

Name:
Location: United States

Rogue travelers in this world we are, helping others, setting our own happiness aside. The page turns and each day, week, month, or year brings us a new challenge. Each challenge brings us a new happiness. Each new happiness brings us a new heartache when the times to sever the ties arrive almost too abruptly.

Friday, April 27, 2007

No Smoking

If you've worked tech support you've seen days like this:





Technician: Hello. How can I help you today?



Customer: There's smoke coming from the power supply on my computer...



Technician: Looks like you need a new power supply...



Customer: No, I don't! I just need to change the startup files...



Technician: Sir, what you described is a faulty power supply. You need to replace it...



Customer:
No way! Someone told me that I just had to change the system startup
files to fix the problem! All I need is for you to tell me the right
command...



For the next ten minutes, in spite of the
technician's efforts to explain the problem and its solution, the
customer adamantly insisted that he was right. So, in frustration, the
technician responded...



Technician: I'm sorry. We don't normally
tell our customers this, but there's an undocumented DOS command that
will fix the problem...



Customer: I knew it!



Technician:
Just add the line 'LOAD NOSMOKE.COM' at the end of the CONFIG.SYS file
and everything should work fine. Let me know how it goes...



About ten minutes later, the technician received a call back from the customer...



Customer: It didn't work. The power supply is still smoking...



Technician: Well, what version of DOS are you using?



Customer:
MS-DOS 6.22... Technician: Well, that's your problem. That version of
DOS doesn't include NOSMOKE. You'll need to contact Microsoft and ask
them for a patch. Let me know how it all works out...



When nearly an hour had passed, the phone rang again...



Customer: I need a new power supply...



Technician: How did you come to that conclusion?



Customer:
Well, I called Microsoft and told the technician what you said, and he
started asking me questions about the make of the power supply...



Technician: What did he tell you?



Customer: He said my power supply isn't compatible with NOSMOKE...






Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments on "No Smoking"

 

Blogger Neo said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Twist - Oh man, one of my favs. I tell that one to people and they crack up. It's like the one about the monitor. Remind me to tell you about it some time.

Peace,

- Neo

 

post a comment